Trisha R. Thomas is an award-winning author of literary fiction. She taught Language Arts before her first novel was published by Random House. She was a finalist for the NAACP IMAGE AWARD for OUTSTANDING LITERARY WORK. She was honored with the Literary Lion Award by the King Public Library Foundation. She’s won Best New Fiction by the Black Writer’s Alliance.
Her novels speak to the insurmountable expectations of young women in a world full of false images perpetuated by magazines, films, and commercials. She’s been featured in Oprah Magazine for Books That Made a Difference for writing a series about self-esteem and bringing enlightenment on taboo subjects. She’s been a guest analyst on CNN Headline News, Paula Zahn, and many other daily news channels across the country. Nappily Ever After will be a Netflix Original film starring Sanaa Lathan released in September of 2018. She lives in California with her husband.
- Authored First novel Nappily Ever After–Random House
- Finalist for the 32nd NAACP Image Award for Outstanding Literary Work.
- Voted Best New Fiction and Best New Writer by the Black Writer’s Alliance
- Awarded Literary Lion Award by King Public Library System, Seattle WA
- Bestseller Top 10 on lists: Essence Magazine, Detroit Free Press, Denver Black Pages
- Featured in O Magazine as Books That Made A Difference
- Film rights optioned by Halle Berry and Universal Pictures
Media Reviews for Nappily Ever After
Thomas is a talented storyteller ----Publisher’s Weekly
Thomas triumphs by rising above the cliché’s that swamp so much popular fiction by black female writers ---- Washington Post
An engaging book that sharply details a star athlete’s greatest hurdle ----Essence Magazine
Accomplished second novel with surprisingly gritty themes and much spice. ----Seattle Post Intelligencer
Guest speaker to Miami Book Festival, Virginia Festival of the Book, Today’s Black Woman Expo, National Bookclub Conference, Northwest Bookfest, Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority National Conference, Los Angeles Times Book Festival